New Resident Information

If you are new to the town of Notasulga, or are moving here in the very near future, here is information for you that we hope will make your transition easier into our community! 

Alabama Law Enforcem ent Agency
Renew driver's license & ID cards online. Order crash report.

Automobile/Vehicle Registration
Register your automobiles and mobile homes within 30 days of becoming a resident at the Macon County Courthouse in Tuskegee, AL. Submit a certificate of title, vehicle registration and possibly a bill of sale to the Macon County Revenue Commissioner.

Local Business License
Licenses should be obtained from Notasulga Town. For further information, contact Barbara Inman or Simona Miller at the Notasulga Town Hall. (334)257-1454

Occupational License Fee Form
Under Ordinance No. 97-11-01, Notasulga has an employer's quarterly return of occupation license fee withheld from salaries, wages, commissions and other compensation. For further information, contact Barbara Inman, Town Clerk at the Notasulga Town Hall (334) 257-1454.

Town Hall
(334) 257-1454
Tommy Miller, Mayor
Barbara Inman, Town Clerk
Simona Miller, Assistant Clerk/Court Clerk/Magistrate
Debi Young, Water Clerk/Magistrate

For Notasulga residents, water is provided by the Town of Notasulga , Wall Street Water, or Loachapoka Water.
Electricity:  Contact Alabama Power Services or Dixie Electric
Natural Gas: Contact SPIRE

Garbage Collection
Garbage is collected throughout the town for which a monthly fee is charged. (Garbage is included in water bills). 

The Town of Notasulga, operates under the Mayor/Council form of government. The Mayor is elected at large and the five City Council members are elected by district. Elections are held every four years (in the same years as Presidential elections).
Macon County operates under the commission form of government with commissioners elected by district to serve a four-year term. The highest-ranking county official is the Probate Judge, who is elected at-large.

Mayor- Tommy Miller
Council Member District 1- Cecil R. Langford Jr.
Council Member District 2- Denise Pilato
Council Member District 3- Cline Carmack
Council Member District 4- Scott Barnhart
Council Member District 5- Robin Collins

Gas Service
For natural gas service, apply by phone at the office of SPIRE at 1-800-292-4008 .

Health Care
East Alabama Medical Center ,  Telephone - 334-749-3411    
Tallasee Community Hospital - Telephone -  (334) 283-6541
Notasulga Healthcare- 56 W Main St. Notasulga, AL 36866  Telephone (334) 257-1081 {cke_protected}{C}%3C!%2D%2D%20end%20ngIf%3A%20ctrl.getPhone()%20%2D%2D%3E

Hunting and Fishing
Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.  

Liquor Laws
The legal drinking age for Alabama is 21. Monday through Saturday sales must cease at 2 a.m. All alcoholic beverages purchased outside the state of Alabama are illegal inside the state of Alabama, and are considered contraband. Minors under the age of 21 are permitted to eat in establishments that serve liquor, but they cannot be served alcoholic beverages. Drivers are considered legally intoxicated and may be charged with driving under the influence of alcohol if the alcohol content in their blood is .08 percent. Alabama has an implied-consent breath analysis law. If you are suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol, you are required to take a breath test. Refusal can result in a 90-day suspension of your driver's license.

Marriage License
To get married without parental consent you must be 18 years or older. To obtain a license, both applicants must appear in person at the Macon County Probate office. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 
(334) 724-2552


The Opelika-Auburn News  
Tuskegee News
Tallassee Tribune
The Montgomery Advertiser
Property Taxes
Macon County Revenue Commissioner

Public Schools
Notasulga High School - (334) 724-1240
Reeltown High School - (334) 257-1670

Private Schools
Trinity Christian - (334) 745-2464 
Lee-Scott Academy (334) 821-2430  
The Village School (334) 887-7726  
Auburn Classical Academy (334) 821-7081  

Colleges and Universities 
Southern Union State Community College (334) 745-6437
Auburn University

Social Security Administration
  800-772-1213- or visit them online at    

Voter Registration
Residents of Macon County may register to vote at the Macon County Courthouse in Tuskegee, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Macon County Board of Registrars  (334) 724-2617

Register to Vote Online
Business License Application
Occupational License Fee Withheld Form